Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Treasures From My Mom's Basement


Sometimes I find the best place to go shopping is in your own home.  I discover a new life for something if I just switch rooms or reinvent the piece with paint.  The second best place to shop is somebody else’s home!   A few months ago, I took a shopping adventure in my mom’s basement and I wanted to share some of the treasures I found there.

This first one I am most excited about.  I actually saw a similar serving tray in a magazine for over $200!!  I was feeling pretty good about this find.  I heard somewhere that you can use toothpaste as a silver cleaner, so I gave that a shot.  It helped a bit, but I need to give it another go with more elbow grease.  If not, I’ll get some real silver polish and see what happens.




I’m thinking about giving this chandelier a new life and a new home in my guest room.  Perhaps, red.  Maybe silver.  Or maybe stark white.  I haven’t decided yet.  I can also think of two other places this chandelier could work…the playroom in a turquoise or the office as is.  We will see.


This awesome frame is going to be a pin board for my daughter.  I’m thinking in the turquoise/blue family with a burlap cover over the cork.



And these little lanterns found a home on my porch during the holidays.  I’m thinking they need a bit of love…gray, white, black or red paint?  They would be good all year round on the deck or in the family room.


I know there are more treasures to be found over in my mom's basement.  Actually, there is a table and chairs waiting for me now.  I’ll be sure to share them with you and any updates on these ones.  Have fun shopping at home today or somebody else's home and see what treasures you can find!  I'd love to hear about them too.  Feel free to share in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...